SMART Goals | Downloadable Template
Goals on their own aren’t always enough. There, we said it.
Because a goal, or a dream, leaves too much room for error.
Instead, if we’re dead set on making our goals a reality, we need very precise, tangible objectives to help us accomplish them.
That’s where S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound) goals come in - they help you know exactly what you want to accomplish, how you will do it, and the timeframe you’ll accomplish them by.
Approaching goals in this way is the difference between a casual walk through the park and a well-planned hike on the trail.
While both are good, the second serves a specific purpose, provides a roadmap to achieve it, helps you understand when you will have accomplished it or not, and leaves you with a specific and clear ending.
Our template will walk you through creating goals that are:
- Specific – Effective planning requires a narrow and well-defined objective.
What exactly are you setting out to accomplish?
- Measurable – Think of this step as benchmarks. Identifying tangible evidence that you’re making progress towards your goal serves as proof (and motivation) you’ll accomplish it.
Remember – S.M.A.R.T goals aren’t wishes. They’re achievements backed by accurate facts to solidify your momentum forward.
- Attainable – Any goal worth creating should challenge you, but they also need to be reasonable and within grasp, even if you have to stretch and get a little uncomfortable.
Can you accomplish your goal within a reasonable time frame?
- Relevant – Another word for relevant is realistic. Your business objectives should align with your S.M.A.R.T goal, , otherwise, it neither serves a purpose nor makes sense.
- Time-Bound – Your goal should serve a purpose in your life. And when it does, success becomes second nature, especially if your goal is also timely. A realistic yet ambitious “achieve by” date helps to continuously push the ball forward, and keeps the goal top-of-mind.
Download our SMART Goals template, and get started on goals that will help your business grow.